Kids Summer Reading
Summer Reading 2016
June 20 - September 1, 2016
Summer is the perfect time to read for fun! Sign up for Mayor Setti Warren's Summer Reading Challenge!
Kids in preschool through 6th grade can use our online reading log to keep track of the time spent reading alone (or with parents, siblings or friends). Audiobooks and Ebooks count too!
- Make reading a habit! If you log at least one hour of reading you will be entered in a raffle to win one of 3 gift certificates to local bookstores!
- The reader who logs the most hours will win a Kindle Fire!
Programs and Special Events
There are so many wonderful programs at the Library this summer! Check out our events calendar so you can join in on the fun.
On Wednesday, August 17th, 5:30-8:00pm the Library will celebrate the end of summer with giant board games and pizza for all our registered summer readers.
On Saturday, September 17th, 2-4pm join Mayor Warren for the Summer Reading Challenge Ice Cream Celebration on the Library's front plaza.
“On your mark, get set...Read" is sponsored by your local library, the Massachusetts Library System, the Boston Bruins, and the Massachusetts Board of Library Commissioners.
Summer Reading Challenge Postcards
Tell Mayor Warren What You Are Reading This Summer!
Mayor Warren is curious to know what books you are enjoying this summer! The Mayor will treat a few lucky readers to ice cream to talk more about your vacation reading.
- Pick up a ready-made postcard from the Library or choose your own postcard.
- Write or draw about a book you are enjoying this summer.
- Mail the postcard to the Mayor or drop it off at the Library.
The Library will share your postcard with the Mayor and later this summer we'll have them on display to to share your great book suggestions.
Share what you're reading!
I am going into: