eBook Help is Available
Need a hand getting library eBooks on your device?
- First, please try our device-specific handouts
- We also usually offer eBook classes at least once a month!
- Have a quick question? Call Reference at 617-796-1380, or stop by a Reference desk with your device.
- You can also eMail for OverDrive Support.
- If you're still having trouble, schedule a one-on-one appointment with a Librarian e-Book Specialist
- Please request an appointment by email (only): email@example.com
- In your email, please indicate what type of device you have and what kind of help you need.
- Bring your eReader, tablet, or device.
- Appointments are required, and are only available on weekdays.
eBooks, Comics, Audiobooks, Music Albums, Movies & TV Shows
Go to hoopladigital.com or download the hoopla app, then choose your library and create an account!
- Available to Newton Residents with a Minuteman Library Network card.
- Get up to 10 items per month.
- No waiting for a title to be available.
- Automatic return at end of loan period.
- Most content can be downloaded as well as streamed (Android & Apple apps only).
Thousands of eBooks. No Waiting*
Go To: https://newtonfreelibrary.freading.com with your Newton Free Library card and start reading!
Freading is available on all tablets, computers, smartphones and the Kindle Fire*
How many books can I check out?
You can check out three books per week.
Unused book loans roll over to the following week. Every 4 weeks, unused book loans expire.
Loans are for 2 weeks.
Can I renew a Freading eBook?
Yes, Freading eBooks may be renewed for an additional 2 weeks.
*Note: If you use a Kindle, only the Kindle Fire can read Freading titles. Freading is not compatible with Kindle Paperwhite and other Kindle eReaders.
Freading is made possible by the Friends of the Newton Free Library