Books downloaded from the Newton Free Library via OverDrive work on a variety of platforms.
Do you have a question not covered in the help, tutorials, or instructions?
Access to electronic content (for which the State, the Minuteman Library Network or the individual library pays a subscription fee) from outside of a library often requires authentication to determine that the user is eligible for access. The user is asked to enter the library card number. The Minuteman Library Network only provides the outside database provider with an indication of whether or not the user is eligible for access to this database.
Handouts: Getting Started with OverDrive
Need More Help?
- Please try the instructions for your device (above) and note any problems.
- We also usually offer eBook classes at least once a month!
- Have a quick question? Call Reference at 617-796-1380, or stop by a Reference desk with your device.
- You can also eMail for OverDrive Support.
- If you're still having trouble, schedule a one-on-one appointment with a Librarian e-Book Specialist.
- Please request a session by email (only): firstname.lastname@example.org
- In your email, please indicate what type of device you have and what type of help you need.
- Bring your eReader, tablet, or device.
- Appointments are required, and are usually only available on weekdays.